With spring just around the corner, heavy rains and flooding can be a possibility. Take these small steps to protect yourself and your city:
- Keep your yard clear of debris
- Inventory your belongings and keep important papers in a safe place
- Call (850) 983-5440 if you see blocked storm drains and/or broken silt fences
- Plan for a flood by keeping extra food and water
- Know your evacuation routes
- Consider a flood insurance policy
In doing so, these small practices can make a big difference in case of a flood and also give peace of mind throughout the season.
If you have questions about your flood hazard, evacuation routes, or need other information, please call city hall at (850) 983-5440 or the Santa Rosa County Floodplain Manager at (850) 981-7029.
Posted in News