City of Milton Fire Department Maintains Class 4 Rating from ISO

Published on October 23, 2013 with No Comments

The City of Milton Fire Department is proud to announce that it has again maintained its very favorable Class 4 Rating from the Insurance Services Office, Inc. (ISO).  ISO objectively reviews the fire suppression capabilities of a community and assigns a Public Protection Classification (PPC) – a number from 1 to 10.  Class 1 represents exemplary fire protection, and Class 10 indicates that the area’s fire suppression program does not meet minimum recognition criteria.  Insurance companies utilize this PPC classification for underwriting and calculating premiums for residential, commercial and industrial properties.  A Class 4 rating represents the most favorable rating effecting residential insurance rates.  With this Class 4 rating, ISO places the City of Milton Fire Department among the top 16% of all fire departments in the nation.

ISO’s Public Protection Classification system analyzes three critical feature of a community’s structure fire suppression delivery system, weighting each on its relative importance.  The fire alarm and communication system, which are the facilities and support for handling and dispatching fire alarms, accounts for 10% of the total classification.  The water supply system, including wells, storage tanks, water distribution system, and fire hydrants, accounts for 40% of the total classification.  Finally, evaluation of the fire department itself, including its facilities, apparatus, equipment, pumping capacity, training, and personnel, accounts for the remaining 50% of the total classification.

ISO representatives visited Milton in June of this year to conduct the PPC survey.  During this visit fire department equipment and facilities were inspected and department records, fire hydrants flow-tests, and the fire incident reports were examined.

“We are very proud to be able to maintain this favorable Class 4 rating,” said Fire Chief John E. Reble.  “This rating is testimony to the constant efforts of the City of Milton and the members of the department to provide professional and efficient fire protection to the citizens of Milton,” Reble said.

Posted in City

No Comments

There are currently no comments on City of Milton Fire Department Maintains Class 4 Rating from ISO. Perhaps you would like to add one of your own?

Leave a Comment