Santa Rosa County Emergency Management has launched a new easy-to-use, mobile device friendly website. Found at the same address of http://santarosa.fl.gov/emergency, the site offers residents access to valuable information on disaster preparedness, response, recovery, mitigation and community programs.
The new site was built with a focus on functionality and ease of navigation for a variety of devices. Emergency Management Director Brad Baker explains, “With internet usage on mobile devices now exceeding PC usage, it was vital that we make it easy for Santa Rosa County residents to access information on the go. The new site not only offers planning information, but it makes it simple for citizens to sign up for emergency alerts, check beach flag conditions or learn about public safety events happening in the community from their PC, tablet or phone.”
Website features include:
- Learn what to do before, during and after an emergency under “Be Informed, Be Prepared”
- Find opportunities to support community preparedness under “Get Involved”
- Business continuity information
- Learn about the services provided in your community under “Emergency Services”
- A kid’s corner with fun, games, and preparedness information for children
Emergency Management also launched a Facebook page in June as another tool to quickly disseminate information to the public and to give the public a forum in which to discuss topics related to emergency management. Stay connected at www.facebook.com/SRCEmergencyManagement.