Sharing the wonder of a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis. Educating visitors on our native butterfly species and how they contribute to our local agriculture, gardens and beauty. Tending to caterpillars. Sound like fun? You can do all that and more when you join our docent team or tour guide volunteers at the Panhandle Butterfly House by joining one of our upcoming training classes. Class size is limited to ensure that we can provide individual attention and training so advance registration is required.
- The first training class is Saturday, May 9 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. and will be held at the Navarre Library located at 8484 James M. Harvell Rd, Navarre. To register for the upcoming training class or request further information, email email@example.com.
- Docent volunteers educate the visitors to the Panhandle Butterfly House and help them gain a better understanding of butterflies, gardening, and the natural habitat in which butterflies thrive. As a docent, you greet the public, provide casual interpretations, guide visitors in the outside vivarium with our live butterflies, and manage the butterfly house resources. We team you to work with experienced docents, and continue to support your involvement by providing new, updated information. No experience is required.
- Our docents volunteer on Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays 9:30 a.m.to 3:30 p.m. during regular business hours. Most often, docents volunteer twice a month or more frequently if the docent scheduler offers split shifts.
- Tour Guides are trained volunteers who lead pre-scheduled groups through the PBH. They work in teams, educating both children and adult groups on the importance of butterflies and their habitat in our ecosystem.
- Tour training will be offered at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, April 20, at the Navarre Public Library. Please R.S.V.P. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Panhandle Butterfly House in Navarre has provided education and fun for residents and tourists since 1997. As a conservatory and interactive learning experience, it is one of the favorite field trips for school children from all over the Emerald Coast, as well as a fun stop for tourists on their way to the beach. For more information about the Panhandle Butterfly House, please visit www.panhandlebutterflyhouse.org. The Panhandle Butterfly House is located at 8581 Navarre Parkway in Navarre Park just west of the Navarre Bridge.
For more information please contact Mary Derrick at (850) 623-3868 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays or via email at email@example.com.
Posted in Business Spotlight